- The procedure can take anywhere from 60 minutes for a refill to just over 90 mins for a full set depending on client desire.
- The procedure is completely safe and non-intrusive – the lashes are applied to each individual eyelash and never in contact with the skin. Simply lay down in one of our comfortable beds and relax – listen to music, a book, or just nap (most popular!).
- If cared for properly, eyelash extensions can last up to 3 to 4 weeks. We will provide you with the simple instructions you need. There are natural products that we believe in and recommend as well to help keep your natural lashes healthy and strong.
- Your natural lashes typically grow out and turn over every 45 to 60 days on average. We recommend coming in every 2 to 3 weeks for maintenance – similar to getting your nails done.
- Mascara is not required… However, it may be worn. It MUST only be water based mascara. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATER-PROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara or any type of oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions causing them to fall sooner. Care also needs to be taken in washing off the mascara. Only use a water based eye makeup remover.
- The adhesive is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. We do recommend however that you do not wash your eye area for about 12- 24 hours after the eyelash application. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low.
- You will not feel that you are wearing them and nobody will be able to tell that they are not naturally your own – unless of course you want them to.
FILL vs. FULL SET APPOINTMENT
Typically this is 2-3 weeks after last appointment. Client should have approximately 50-60% of lash extensions retained to book this service. If you do not qualify for a FILL, due to percentage of lashes remaining or time since last lash fill, Refined Lashes reserves the right to consider charging for a FULL SET service and price due to percentage/number of lash extensions remaining.
Once you’ve picked your extensions, they are applied individually using glue specially formulated for the eye area. Since sensitivities and allergic reactions are possible, there are different types of glue that can be used. Many customers find that even if lash strip glue irritates their eyes, that lash extension glue does not.